Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First day of skating!

 So yesterday was my first day of skating since June! Very fun, but I was so out of practice! I missed the first week of skating because I was out of town, so everyone else was already warmed up and doing doubles and stuff and I felt so left behind! I went into skating in the morning from 12:00 -1:45, stayed at the rink for 2 hours while hockey practice was going on, then skated from 4:15 - 5:15 at OFS.

    It was a better practice at OFS because I was already warmed up, but it still wasn't great. I pretty much went through all the half jumps and singles (didn't try axel), and some simple spins. The only thing I practiced that I hadn't completely gotten down the previous year was layback spin.

I'll tell you one thing, though, I am VERY sore, especially in my thighs and lower back. I'm giving my muscles a day of rest today, then skating again tomorrow.


Link to new My life on Ice video:

My life on ice: Just started skating in the new season!

No comments:

Post a Comment